"Anyone who does not know the Holy Spirit as a person has not attained unto a complete and well rounded Christian experience. Any one who knows God the Father and God the Son and does not know God the Holy Spirit, has not attained unto the Christian conception of God, nor to a fully Christian experience." ~R A Torrey
Luke 24:44-49 (ESV) Then he said to them, “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, and said to them, “Thus it is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things. And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.”
Praise God from whom all blessings flow,Praise Him all creatures here below,Praise Him above, ye heavenly hosts,Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
- We will not have our fleshly body for a long time, but we will still be a unique person.
- If you have knowledge, feelings and a will, you are a person whether you have a body or not.
- Genesis 1:26 (ESV) Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
- Genesis 1:1-3 (ESV) In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said (The Word of God-the Logos), “Let there be light,” and there was light.
- Elohim is plural for “Gods”.
- THERE IS A PLURALITY OF PERSONS IN THE ONE GODHEAD.
- He is ANOTHER Comforter, just like Christ.
- Not an influence, but a PERSON, who makes His Home in our lives.
- Christ is a Divine Person, and He sent ANOTHER Divine Person to take His place!
- Comforter is ‘parakletos’, “one who stand’s alongside another”.
- Same as Advocate in 1 John 2:1 (if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.)
- Jesus is the one who came alongside the Boat in the midst of the storm.
- Comforter – Parakletos
- Different from parakaleo (one you call upon for comfort)
- Not someone who you call upon when you need Him.
- It is His Purpose to be always at your side!
- We are indwelt, we are sealed.
- He is our Constant Companion!
“He that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit” (1 Cor. 6:17);
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2
Jesus is not our homeboy. He is not someone we go to when things get bad. He is not a good luck charm we wear around our neck. He is not a wristband that says WWJD. We are united as one with the very creator of the universe. This union is a mystery, but it is so real and so powerful that to divide, to walk away and have an independent life – it is to destroy your own identity, to tear your own spiritual personality in pieces; and that is how it is, if we get away from the Lord in any way.
Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. Romans 8:14
For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. Romans 8:7-8
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” Romans 8:15
Living in the Holy Spirit is a life that is confident in the God’s power and God’s Purpose for your life. Living in the Holy Spirit allows us to believe what Paul wrote: “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose”. Romans 8:28
The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, Romans 8:16