August 25, 2016
Are The Italy And Myanmar Earthquakes Connected? A Similar Magnitude Had Different Effects. Two Experts Are Asked To Explain Whether The Dual Disasters Were Isolated Events.
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 1:58 PM
MYANMAR (BURMA): A Powerful 6.8 Magnitude Earthquake Struck On Wednesday August 24th. Tremor Was felt In India And Bangladesh. 187 Ancient Buddhist Pagodas Have Been Damaged. 3 People Have Died. :'(
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 1:54 PM
ITALY: A Powerful 6.2 Magnitude Earthquake Struck Near The Surface On Wednesday August 24th. 250 People Have Died, Thousands Were Left Homeless. Ancient Villages Destroyed, Aftershocks Continue. :'(
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 1:39 PM
August 21, 2016
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 5:21 PM
Gratefulness: The Seeds of Discouragement Cannot Take Root In A Grateful Heart. What Are You Grateful For Today?
A night without lodging
[source: Osho International]
Winter and summer are both needed for growth. Once this idea settles in the heart, then each moment of life is of gratitude. Let this become your meditation and prayer: thank God every moment -- for laughter, for tears, for everything. Then you will see a silence arising in your heart that you have not known before. That is bliss.
The first thing is to accept life as it is. Accepting it, desires disappear. Accepting life as it is, tensions disappear, discontent disappears; accepting it as it is, one starts feeling very joyful -- and for no reason at all!
When joy has a reason, it is not going to last long. When joy is without any reason, it is going to be there forever. It happened in the life of a very famous Zen woman. Her name was Rengetsu.... Very few women have attained to the Zen ultimate. This one is one of those rare women.
She was on a pilgrimage and she came to a village at sunset and begged for lodging for the night, but the villagers slammed their doors. They were against Zen. Zen is so revolutionary, so utterly rebellious, that it is very difficult to accept it. By accepting it you are going to be transformed; by accepting it you will be passing through a fire, you will never be the same again. Traditional people have always been against all that is true in religion. Tradition is all that is untrue in religion. So those must have been traditional Buddhists in the town, and they didn't allow this woman to stay in the town; they threw her out.
It was a cold night, and the old woman was without lodging, and hungry. She had to make her shelter underneath a cherry tree in the fields. It was really cold, and she could not sleep well. And it was dangerous too -- wild animals and all. At midnight she awoke -- because of too much cold -- and saw, in the night sky, the fully-opened cherry blossoms laughing to the misty moon. Overcome with the beauty, she got up and bowed down in the direction of the village, with these words:
"Through their kindness in refusing me lodging I found myself beneath the blossoms on the night of this misty moon."
She feels grateful. With great gratitude she thanks those people who refused her lodging; otherwise she would be sleeping under an ordinary roof and she would have missed this blessing -- these cherry blossoms, and this whispering with the misty moon, and this silence of the night, this utter silence of the night. She is not angry, she accepts it. Not only accepts it, welcomes it -- she feels grateful.
One becomes a buddha (enlightened) the moment one accepts all that life brings, with gratitude.
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 5:07 PM
- 34 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees [the religious zealots (emphasis mine)], they gathered together. 35 Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” Jesus said to him, “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.” [Matthew 22:36-40 NKJV]
- You didn't receive a spirit that makes you a slave to fear once again. Instead you received the Holy Spirit, who makes you God's child. By the Spirit's power we call God "Abba." Abba means Father, daddy. [Romans 8:15 NIRV]
- He who heeds the Word wisely will find good, and whoever trust in the LORD, happy is he. [Proverbs 16:20 NKJV]
- If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. [John 15:7 KJV]
- As for God, His way is perfect; the Word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. [Psalm 18:30 NKJV]
- Seek His will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. [Proverbs 3:6 NLT]
- The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." [Psalm 32:8 NLT]
- For the LORD gives wisdom, and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. [Proverbs 2:6 NIV]
- No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgement you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me. [Isaiah 54:17 NKJV]
- Jesus said, "but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. The water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." [John 4:14 NIV]
- The LORD is my Rock, and my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust... the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. [Psalm 18:2 KJV]
- I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. [Genesis 28:15 NLT]
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 1:07 PM
I would like to share two of my daily prayer's with you. The first is one I received from Paula White Ministries 9 years ago. While the second is one that I personalized for myself. You are welcome to use these prayers. Soon your spirit will personalize one for you. You shall know the Truth when you seek God's face daily. I don't mean in the traditional sense. I mean spending time getting to know Him. You can start by talking with Him like you would a friend. He will guide you on your spiritual path as you grow closer and closer to Him. Allow God's LIGHT to permeate every fiber of your being and transform you from the inside out. "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind." [Romans 12:2] This has nothing to do with religion. This is about God, your Heavenly Father wanting to have a "personal" relationship with you. ♥
God is God all by Himself. The same is true for Jesus (Yahshua), the living breathing WORD of God and the Holy Spirit, the breath of God. God doesn't need a religious group or organization to make Him so. God almighty is above all and sovereign. God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent. God is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. God is INFINITE and ETERNAL. ♥
I go on to pray, Jesus (Yahshua) please cleanse my spirit from all impurities, please purify me Lord, wash me in Your blood, cover me and protect me against all evil. Please fill my spirit with Your love, Your peace and Your joy. Lend me Your strength, courage and wisdom. AMEN!
God's Divine favor surrounds me like a shield! Amen. ♥
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 12:03 PM
I am typing the Four Agreements for those of you who need to translate:
1. Be Impeccable with your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don’t Take Anything Personally: Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t Make Assumptions: Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best: Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 11:21 AM
I hope this message touches you as it touched me. May it bring you peace, love, understanding and acceptance of who you are. Enjoy!
I have the courage to ...
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 11:11 AM
A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life. Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups porcelain, plastic, glass, cystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite. He told his guests to help themselves to the coffee. After everybody had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said:
♥ Love generously ♥
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 11:02 AM
August 20, 2016
Getting Ready To Watch Saturday Night Fever (1977) On DVD. I Have To Share Tony Manero's Epic Walk and Epic Dance With You. :)
I wish they included the mirror scene in this vid!
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 10:43 PM
August 15, 2016
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 12:33 AM
August 14, 2016
Hope you're having a fun relaxing Sunday evening too. Sending you lots and lots and lots of love and giving you a great big hug. :) ❤
On a clear day...
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 10:12 PM
Watching My Favorite Movie, Somewhere In Time On DVD. I'm A Huge Fan. I Know Every Little Bit Of Minutia About This Cult Classic...♥
The video above is one of my favorite scenes from this timeless classic. This movie was not a big hit when it was first released in 1980. In fact, it was a flop. But years later, those who were deeply touched by this movie turned it into a cult movie and now have a huge following. Avid fans meet annually at The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan where this movie was filmed. The soundtrack is AMAZING too! I still want to cry when I hear Rachmaninov: Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini by John Barry. In this scene, one of the main characters named Elise Mckenna, played by Jane Seymour, has re-written the entire first scene from the play she is acting in. Her heartfelt message is for Richard Collier, played by Christopher Reeve, who is sitting in the audience taken totally by surprise.
Oh and one more thing before I log off. You must watch this movie from the very beginning. This story begins as soon as you hear the music playing and people chatting. I already have goosebumps just thinking about it. See you later alligators. :)
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 8:08 PM
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 7:17 PM
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 7:15 PM
1 “Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice. 5 But they will never follow a stranger; in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.” 6 Jesus used this figure of speech, but the Pharisees did not understand what he was telling them.
7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. 13 The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd. 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
19 The Jews who heard these words were again divided. 20 Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?”
21 But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”
22 Then came the Festival of Dedication at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”
33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.
40 Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. There he stayed, 41 and many people came to him. They said, “Though John never performed a sign, all that John said about this man was true.” 42 And in that place many believed in Jesus.
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 7:10 PM
The Lord's Prayer... ♥ I Say This Prayer Every Morning While Relaxing Drinking My Coffee At Home Before I Start My Day.
The Lord's Prayer
Posted by Princess Mononoke at 7:07 PM