June 24, 2020

USA: Angry Mob Set Fire To Home And Van SUSPECTED Of Being Used In Sex Trafficking. The Family Confirms The Girls Are Safe Were With Boyfriends, Never Sexually Assaulted, Or Sex Trafficked And WERE NEVER AT THIS HOUSE.

WISN 12 News published Tuesday June 23, 2020: Crowd burns home suspected in sex trafficking.
ABC12 News, WISN
written by
Tuesday June 23, 2020

MILWAUKEE — An angry crowd set fire to a home and van suspected of being used in sex trafficking.

Police searched Tuesday for two missing teen girls near North 40th and West Lloyd streets.

Family members said they were found and are safe.

Gilbreana Perkins, 13, and Tydrianna Perkins, 15, were last seen around 5 p.m. Sunday in the 2900 block of North 21st Street in Milwaukee.

Dozens of people gathered at the scene of the search and confronted police.

Officers at the scene had crime scene tape up around a house.

They were seen looking in a van.

The crowd shouted at police to find the teens.

After officers left the scene shortly before 3:30 p.m., members of the crowd began smashing the van windows and breaking into the house.
The house appeared to have been vacant and for sale.

They were set on fire about 5:20 p.m.

Parents at the scene said homes on the street were used for sex trafficking.

Neighbors believe the two missing teen girls were seen at the house earlier this week.

Police have not confirmed that the girls were found because they said they have not been contacted.

It's not clear if any arrests have been made.

No other details have been released.


WISN 12 News published June 24, 2020: Police said they were seeking several suspects who are wanted in connection to the arson and the suspects who shot the three victims.

ABC12 News, WISN Wisconsin local
written by Staff
Wednesday June 24, 2020

MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police have released a timeline of events that led to members of the community setting a home on fire.

The fire was in response to a perceived lack of action by officers in the search for two missing teenage girls.

Police said the two were last seen Sunday in the 2900 block of North 21st Street.

Investigators said they were called Monday to a home in the 2100 block of North 40th Street to check for the missing girls.

"The officers searched the residence multiple times; however, the teenagers were not located at the location," police said in a release.

At 10 a.m. Tuesday, officers said they responded to a "trouble with subject" call at the same location.

Police said people tried to break into a home to conduct their own search for the missing girls.

Officers said they searched the home again and did not find the teens.

About an hour later, officers responded again after a report of shots fired in the area.

"Upon arrival, officers discovered that shots were exchanged between the residents of the home and the group of individuals who were attempting to enter the residence," police said in their release.

Police said the crowd at the scene began to grow and people threw bricks and pieces of concrete at officers.

Two officers were injured.

Investigators said before more officers could arrive at the scene, members of the crowd set a couch, a van and the home on fire.

Firefighters had to wait for officers to escort them to the scene before they could begin putting the fire out.

The home burned out of control for more than 20 minutes.

One firefighter suffered a non-life-threatening injury.

Police then said shots were fired in the crowd and three people were hit.

They all suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

Investigators said eight additional officers suffered injuries in the unrest.

Later Tuesday evening, the crowd returned and reignited the house fire.

Police said three more officers were injured after being hit with bricks.

The missing teens were found and are safely with their families.

"At no point did the missing teenagers qualify under the state guidelines for an Amber Alert," police said in their release.

Investigators said the girls denied going to or being at the home that burned and said they did not meet or know anyone there.

"There is also no evidence to substantiate that human trafficking occurred at that location," police said.

Officers said there was no evidence the girls were ever at the home or that there was any foul play there.

Neighbors said they believed the girls were trafficked for sex.

Police said they were seeking several suspects who are wanted in connection to the arson and the suspects who shot the three victims.

Investigators said there were two other calls for service to the home earlier this year.

They were not related to prostitution, sex trafficking or human trafficking, police said.

Officers said they were searching for a man wanted in connection with a recklessly endangering safety incident.

He was described as an African American man between the ages of 18 and 25.

The man was also described as being between 5 feet 8 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing between 150-160 pounds.

He has a thin build and short black hair.

The man was last seen wearing a blue/purple/white T-shirt, black pants and white shoes.

Police said he was armed with handgun.

So far, no arrests have been made.

No other details have been released.

Anyone with information on the unrest was asked to call police at 414-935-7360.

๐Ÿ‘‡ This was started because of social media RUMORS ๐Ÿ‘‡
This tweet has 13,400 retweets, 20,400 likes
๐Ÿ‘‡ This tweet has 826 likes, 442 retweets ๐Ÿ‘‡

No comments: