September 20, 2018

NIGERIA: Muslim Mob Burn Alive Christian Pastor, His Wife, And Three Of Their Children. omg...😦😢😠 AND 9 Churches Burnt Down And Christian Students Attacked By Muslim Mob NECROMONGERS

Jihad Watch
written and news shared by Christine Douglass-Williams
Friday August 31, 2018
Fulani Muslim militants launched raids on eight villages in central Nigeria this week, burning alive a Christian pastor along with his wife and three of their children.
In order to spread “Islamic teachings and practice,” the Fulani jihadi gangs routinely rampage through towns and villages, seeking out Christians in order to rid whole areas of “all aspects of Christian faith.”

Nathan Johnson, regional manager for Africa of International Christian Concern, stated:
The fact that the government allows the continued destruction and killing of its villages and citizens shows a lack of care or ability…..If this continues, there will have to be international intervention or else Nigeria may devolve into a major civil war.
Unfortunately, international intervention will likely not come, as Christians have nearly been wiped out in the Middle East, and there was no international intervention on their behalf in that region. While ignoring real human rights abusers, the UN accuses Israel of “war crimes” for defending itself; and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation continues its aggressive propagandist “Islamophobia” campaign all over the West.

Muslim Militants Burn Alive Christian Pastor and His Family in Nigeria,” by Thomas D. Williams, Breitbart, August 30, 2018:

Fulani Muslim militants launched raids on eight villages in central Nigeria this week, burning alive a Christian pastor along with his wife and three of their children.

In the village of Abonong in Plateau State, the Islamic raiders, armed with machetes and AK47 rifles, looted and destroyed 95 houses, along with farmland and three churches. They killed Pastor Adamu Gyang Wurim and his family by setting fire to their house while they were inside and shot the pastor’s wife in the bathroom. The assailants killed two other villagers as well, wounding several others.

The attack, which began Tuesday evening around 8:00 p.m., lasted over four hours before security personnel finally arrived on the scene. By then the attackers had razed much of the villages of Abonong and Ziyat, and stolen valuables including electronics, mattresses, food, and livestock.

The incident occurred just 24 hours after a two-day peace summit in Jos organized by the Christian Association of Nigeria with the theme, “Sustainable peace and security in Northern Nigeria as a panacea for development.”

A local lawyer, Dalyop Solomon Mwantiri, spoke with one of the three surviving children of the pastor, who was away at the University of Jos at the time of the attack and learned of it on Facebook.

“When I called a friend to find out about the situation, the report I received was very devastating,” the young man said. “I couldn’t believe that all my family members have been engulfed in the pogrom. On reaching home, I saw my daddy and younger ones burnt beyond recognition.”

“The three of us left don’t know what to do, especially now that we are still students who have nothing to hold on [to],” he said.

One witness, Mr. Gwom Pam Dusu, who works at a Roman Catholic Church in the area, said that local security had received information about an impending attack planned by Fulani herdsmen and their hired mercenaries but failed to act.

Despite the information, “security personnel stationed at Bek of Foron District didn’t do anything to avert the terror attacks,” Mr. Gwom claimed.

Nathan Johnson, the regional manager for Africa of International Christian Concern, expressed astonishment over the government’s inaction in an area of continued inter-religious strife.

“The fact that the government allows the continued destruction and killing of its villages and citizens shows a lack of care or ability,” Mr. Johnson said. “If this continues, there will have to be international intervention or else Nigeria may devolve into a major civil war.”

A member of the House of Representatives, Istifanus Gyang, concurred in a statement accusing the federal government of complicity following the renewed attacks which came about two months after the slaughter of over 200 Christians by Fulani herdsmen.

“These attacks are coming at a time when the people are yet to recover from the massacre of over 200 persons in the same Barkin Ladi LGA with thousands of the displaced victims still languishing in Internally Displaced Persons camps,” Mr. Gyang said.

“The unfortunate thing is that the perpetrators of these attacks continue to execute their agenda with reckless abandon without an appropriate response by government!” he said.

CBN News published on July 9, 2018: Christian Children Murdered in Their Beds by Muslims: Nigeria Now the Deadliest Place to Be a Christian

World Watch Monitor
written by Staff
February 9, 2018

In Nigeria, a new wave of attacks has seen dozens killed in Christian communities across the country.

The violence has hit the north-eastern state of Adamawa, one of the most affected by Boko Haram, and also the Middle Belt states of Nasarawa and Benue, where Fulani herdsmen have caused havoc in recent years.

In Adamawa state, a Christian student was killed, and others injured, in an attack by Muslim students at the Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH) of Yola, the state capital, on 4 February.

A local source, who wanted to remain anonymous, told World Watch Monitor that the incident started around 7pm, as some students were in their classes, revising ahead of their exams scheduled the following day.

Other students were holding their fellowships in various places across the campus, when suddenly, a mob of fellow students, armed with sticks and machetes and chanting “Allahu Akbar” (Allah is the greatest), stormed the classrooms.

Christian students in one of the lecture theatres (Lecture Room LT2) were forced to flee after their room was set ablaze. They ran immediately to a Catholic church (still on the campus), where other students were having their fellowship, to prevent the assailants from attacking and setting it on fire.

Other students who were having their fellowship in another church, the Trinity Chapel (also on the campus), had to come out immediately to help.

Erick McBen Kyari, 25, a second-year Urban and Regional Planning student, was attacked, along with three other students. They were helping to evacuate other injured fellow students when he was hit on the head with machetes and sticks. He later succumbed to his wounds.

His funeral was held yesterday (8 February) at ECWA Bishara 1 Church, in Yola.

The assailants also destroyed nine out of 11 stores where Christian students keep their musical instruments, setting them ablaze.

The Muslim students said they were angered by a message posted by a Christian student on Facebook on 18 December 2017. They said the message was an insult to their prophet, Muhammad.

In a message posted on Facebook, they warned the management that it had 24 hours to respond or they “will do whatever they feel it’s right for them and nobody will stop”.

The Christian student accused of posting the blasphemous message denied any wrongdoing.

Ajine Delo, President of the Youth Fellowship of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) for Adamawa state, told World Watch Monitor that the accusation of blasphemy was only an excuse to attack Christian students.

“At the time of the attack, there was no single Muslim female student at the campus,” he said. “They have all left since Friday, but nobody informed the Christian students.

“The assailants may have been angered by the elections of the Student Union Government (SGU) leadership, held on 29 January 2018. The results had seen the emergence of Christian students on almost all the positions of the Union.”

The university management condemned the violence and announced the closure of the university.

Fulani violence continues

Meanwhile, at least 30 people were killed in two separate attacks by armed men, believed to be Fulani herdsmen, against Christian communities in Song LGA, also in Adamawa state.

On Friday 2 February, the assailants attacked and burnt down Shimba and Shiure villages. Two days later (4 February), they attacked and burnt down Tinde and Dumne villages.

The second attack took place in broad daylight, as people were about to go to church, a local source told World Watch Monitor.

He said the assailants chased and killed many innocent people. They also burned down lots of properties, including nine churches.

“Despite several calls to the governor and his deputy, and other security apparatus, the government remained silent as the atrocities continued,” the source said. “The Fulani were able to carry out their deadly attack. They stayed for hours in the vicinity, moving at will, unchallenged.”


In the central state of Nasarawa, some 25 villages have been destroyed since 15 January, as Nigeria’s Daily Post reported. The inhabitants of the affected villages are predominantly Christian farmers from the Tiv ethnic group.

An umbrella group, ‘Concerned Indigenous Tiv People’, has accused the authorities of not doing enough to protect their communities.

In a statement, the group wrote: “Since the outbreak of the crisis on the 15th January, this year, due to the Fulani/herdsmen attack on our villages, leading to the displacement of Tiv in their ancestral homes, the Nasarawa State Governor, Tanko Almakura, has done very little to bring the situation under control.”


Two people were killed, and many others sustained serious injuries, in a fresh attack attributed to Fulani herdsmen in Waku village, Guma Local Government area, on 6 February. According to local media, several houses were set ablaze in the village.

Benue state has been among the worst affected by Fulani herdsmen attacks in recent months. On 11 January, 73 people were buried during state-organised mass funerals following violence over the New Year in Makurdi, Benue’s capital.

The ongoing violence has prompted the state’s governor, Samuel Ortom, on Tuesday 6 February to call on the people of the state to defend themselves from herdsmen attacks.

“I think the people should have the right to defend themselves and not make themselves easy prey to be killed in their homes,” said Orton. “So any lawful means, you can adapt to defend yourself, just go ahead in Benue state. We are not going to wait for the Inspector General of Police to do it.”

On Wednesday (7 February) the Nigerian Army said it would send troops into the restive Middle Belt region. According to an Army spokesman, Major General David Ahmadu, the deployment will start from 15 February, and will crack down on “herdsmen/farmers clashes and attacks on innocent members of our communities, particularly in Benue, Taraba and Nasarawa state, by armed militias”.


World Watch Monitor
written by Staff
Friday September 14, 2018

In Nigeria, dozens lost their lives during the first week of September as Fulani militants continued their killing spree in the central state of Plateau.

Last month, more than 20 people – including a pastor and four members of his family – were killed in various raids attributed to Fulani militants, as World Watch Monitor reported. Among them were Rev. Adamu Wurim Gyang, 50, and his three children, who were set ablaze and burnt beyond recognition, while his wife, Jummai, 45, was shot and left to die in a pool of blood when Fulanis stormed their Abonong village on 28 August.

Since then, the violence has continued, with more attacks in the same area and elsewhere.

On 6 September, four men lost their lives, while two others sustained bullet wounds as Fulani militants attacked their village of Nding Susut, in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area (LGA).

Local resident James Pam, 34, told Watch Monitor that the killings came just two days after a peace meeting between members of the predominantly Christian farmers and the mainly Muslim Fulani herdsmen in Barkin Ladi.

“We thought everything was all right between us until this morning [6 Sept], around 6.30am, when we heard gunshot sounds,” he said. “We later found out that the Fulani militants killed some of our youths, who were on their way to farm.”

Pam said some members of his community lost their lives in previous attacks in April and that the peace meeting was organised by the army commander in Barkin Ladi, with the aim to forestall any further outbreaks of violence in the community.

“Unfortunately, the community was still attacked this morning,” he said.

On the same day, gunmen believed to be Fulani militants ambushed six people on their way to farm elsewhere in Barkin Ladi, killing four.

A day earlier (5 September), the traditional ruler of Kwi village, in Riyom Local Government Area, was arrested by security forces. Chief Joshua Dung Lwon, a Christian, spent a night at the army headquarters in Jos, before being released the following day. His arrest took place while attacks targeting his community were going on.

On 4 September, five people were killed by armed men believed to be Fulani militants. According to local sources, the attackers, who came in a van at about 12 noon, sprayed bullets on people at the tin mining site in Razat village, in Kwock Ropp District. The victims were four men – whose first names were Gyang, Jillim, Lamba and David – and a woman called Rebecca.

Other reports said two people were killed by suspected Fulani militants while on their way to another mining site on the same day in Gana Rop, which straddles Bokkos and Barkin Ladi LGAs. A week earlier, on 28 August, the same community had suffered a similar attack, which claimed three lives.

“This spate of attacks on ethnic communities is of great concern and we continue to call on the government to do more in protecting the life of its citizen from terrorists,” said Mark Lipdo, the director of Stefanos Foundation, a human rights and advocacy group active in Plateau.

About two months ago, his organisation issued a report highlighting the scale of a June massacre which claimed 230 lives and rendered more than 11,500 people homeless.

On 2 September, at least 11 people were killed and 12 injured in a drive-by shooting by Fulani militia in the Du community of Jos South LGA. Details provided by advocacy group CSW, quoting eyewitnesses, said a Fulani militia arrived in a Hilux van at Latiya at about 8.30pm. They opened fire on people in their shops and on the road using semi-automatic weapons, before speeding off minutes later.

While a police spokesperson said 11 people had died, members of the local community put the number at 12, with one missing and presumed dead. Twelve people sustained varying degrees of injury, five of whom are reportedly receiving treatment at Plateau Hospital, while five are being treated at Jos University Teaching Hospital, where two have reportedly died.

Local resident Simon Dung Zih told World Watch Monitor what happened:

“With my friend, we were coming from Lamingo when we saw a moving vehicle coming from Jos; the vehicle was at very high speed and that gave us concern. We continued moving towards Bukuru, and as we got to Yelwa Club, we received a call from someone, telling us that they were attacked.

“The person told us that some people driving in a very fast car shot sporadically on people in the community and killed many. We waited for some time before rushing to the scene of the attack, only to discover that several people were killed and some wounded. Those wounded were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. When I went back to the scene of the attack the next morning, I counted 12 dead bodies.”

Another local advocacy group, the Middle Belt Forum, denounced the violence in a series of tweets signed by its coordinator of public communication.

“The terrorist attacks on the people of Plateau state have entered a new dimension with the drive-by shooting,” the statement said, describing them as being “one too many in a week filled with renewed attacks on the people of Plateau state”.

In another similar incident, two people were reported killed in an ambush laid by Fulani herdsmen in Adu village, Bassa LGA, on 2 September. According to local sources, the attack was carried out at about 11pm. One of the victims, Monday Ariki, was reportedly cut into pieces, while the second victim, Likita Tsi, died in hospital the following morning.

A spokesperson of the Miango Youth Development Association, Lawrence Zongo, told the Nigerian View Point online magazine that six people in the same district had their farm produce (almost due for harvest) destroyed by Fulani herdsmen during the week. He said the herdsmen were grazing on the farmlands indiscriminately, without being arrested, and called their actions “evil and inhuman”.

“So far, we lost 27 of our people in ambush attacks from April to September, 2018,” he said. “The Fulani herdsmen killers have changed their method of killings and have adopted ambushing of our youths, targeting them when going back home or going to farm.”

No comments: